A Dolan Company has pleaded not guilty to charges of bribery and fraud relating to its Australian investment arm.
Key points:In a ruling handed down on Monday, the Federal Court found Dolan Group’s director and other executives were not guilty of the charges against themThe company said it had hired a new external counsel and was considering further actionThe case is the second to go before the Federal Circuit Court in Brisbane, with another case heard earlier this year, which found Dola’s founder and chief executive, John Dolan, not guilty.
It found DOLAN had hired the firm of Lippincott, Mead & Co in December 2011, and it had been hired in June 2013.
The court found the new external firm had been set up in August 2013 and had been retained to handle the matter.
The company had argued the internal company was in the best interests of the company, as it was working on a number of major projects, including a major deal to build a new airport in the UK.
Mr Dolan had been chairman of the board of directors since 2007.
In the Federal Commission of Audit report, the company said in a statement it was “pleased” with the Federal court decision and would appeal against the decision.
“Dolan Group will continue to work through the appeals process and the matter is expected to be resolved before the end of the year,” it said.
The case against the DOLANS was the second in less than a year, with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission also hearing a case on Tuesday.
The Federal Commission on Tuesday heard that Mr Dolan was charged with four counts of bribery for allegedly taking money from a Queensland businessman to pay for his travel and accommodation.
The charges are related to a deal in which Mr Dola agreed to provide a $250,000 cash payment to a Queensland business owner, and then to pay another $100,000 in cash to the businessman’s wife.
The Australian Securities Commission has begun a preliminary inquiry into whether Mr DOLANN’s actions contributed to the company’s collapse.